In our unique “Technology of Participation®” process, participants acquire practical skills for facilitation and training that focus on group participation and collaborative decision-making. All courses emphasize focusing the collective wisdom of the group to address workplace challenges. The methods produce authentic solutions that can lead to considerable results and significant change. Partners in Participation Associates use ToP methods as the foundation for all of its work in facilitation, consulting and community development.
The Technology of Participation (ToP)® is:
- A structured approach that sparks individual creativity and recognizes and honors all contributions
- A way for teams to deal with large amounts of data in a short period of time
- A methodology that pools participant’s contributions into larger and information rich patterns
- Tools and processes that enable teams to foster an emphasis on common ground and to deal effectively with diversity and avoid conflict and polarization
- A process that builds commitment by assuring effective action
- A world renowned approach that enables strong participation in large as well as small groups
ToP® is the registered trademark of the Institute of Cultural Affairs.
Learn the Methods
Build a strong foundation for group participation, productivity, and commitment.
Grow Your Practice
Apply ToP methods to maximize team effectiveness and project success.
Lead with Confidence
Explore deepening your practice and demonstrate competencies as a certified ToP facilitator.
“Within a week of my training, I was asked to do a consensus-building workshop in a public setting for a major municipal infrastructure retrofit. With my newly developed skills and the mentoring of the ToP® trainer, I was able to successfully coordinate input and develop consensus in a meeting of over 50 area residents! This would not have happened without the use of ToP® methods.”
“ToP® Facilitation Methods is a fantastic training opportunity. As a consultant who handles public engagement and comprehensive planning for a mid-sized firm, I could not imagine a more pertinent subject to learn. The course materials were presented in an excellent format. By far, this was the best professional development opportunity I have taken advantage of as a planner.”