About the Course:
Before preparing an organization’s plans, the team needs to understand the history and current dilemmas, as well as anticipate trends. Environmental scanning provides a way to quickly tap into relevant factual data and customer, staff or community perceptions. This course specializes in getting groups on the same page to begin their strategic work and teaches ten different ways to perform an assessment with a group, including hands-on practice and matching the right approach to the situation.
The Ten Methods Include:
- Wall of Wonder (Shared History Wall)
- Brief Trends Conversation
- Extended Current Situation/Trends Conversation
- Quick Situation Assessment 1
- Quick Situation Assessment 2
- Cooperative Study of Complex Data
- The Wave Metaphor (4 levels)
- Extended Wave Metaphor (5 levels)
- Strategic Juncture Analysis
- Social and Corporate Process Triangles
- Documents organizational history and current situation as a common foundation for future strategy building.
- Quickly and easily study industry materials and reports.
- Integrate thinking from subject matter experts.
- Integrate group knowledge and diverse points of view and perspectives into shared narrative.
- Anticipate industry trends and consider alternative scenarios when preparing future plans and strategies.
- Saves time in reviewing and interpreting large amounts of information.
- Uses engaging and highly participatory processes to come to common understanding.
Who Should Take this Course:
Those who want to set a foundation for strategic thinking and proactive planning, business leaders, local, state, and federal leaders and program managers, strategic planners, team leaders, facilitators and consultants
When full payment or purchase order is received 3 weeks or more in advance, you can receive a $25 discount for the course.
Cancellation refunds may be received with up to 21 days notice prior to each course. Cancellations received with less than 21 days notice prior to a course will be subject to full payment. You may send a substitute or re-schedule for the next course date if you can’t attend.
For online registration go to http://www.top-training.net
For further information, please contact Marilyn Oyler at Partners in Participation:
- (602) 468-0605
ToP Approaches to Environmental Scanning (AES) Pricing
|Large Institutions (budgets > $5m)||$600|
|Mid-Sized (budget between $1-5m)||$450|
|Small/Community-based (budget < $1m)||$325|
|Individual/No Organizational Affiliation|